National Eligilibility Cum Entrance Test
The application form of NEET 2018 has been over. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has made the correction window available from March 15 to 17, 2018. The last date for NEET UG online registrations was March 12, 2018. Aspirants whose application form will be accepted by conducting authority can download the admit card of NEET 2018 from second week of April. NEET 2018 entrance examination is the only entrance test for admission to around 90,000 MBBS and BDS courses in the medical as well as dental government and private colleges of India. NEET will consists of 180 multiple choice questions (MCQs) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
NEET 2018 Overview
|Exam name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||NEET|
|Programmes offered||MBBS and BDS|
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen & Paper based)|
NEET 2018 Important Dates
|NEET 2018 events||Dates|
|Application form of NEET 2018 available from||February 8, 2018|
|Last date to fill NEET application form 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee|
|Correction window of NEET application form opens|
|Correction window of NEET online registrations closes|
|Release of NEET admit card||Second week of April 2018|
|NEET 2018 exam date||May 6, 2018|
|Announcement of NEET 2018 result||First week of June 2018|
|First round of NEET 2018 Counselling starts||June 12 to 24, 2018|
|Last date of joining the college||July 3, 2018|
|Round 2 of counselling of NEET 2018||July 6 to 12, 2018|
|Last date of joining the college||July 22, 2018|
|Transfering the vacant seats to the state authorities||Last week of July 2018|
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Non-Resident Indian (NRI) or Person of Indian Origin (PIO).
- Age Limit: Aspirant should be of 17 years old or likely to complete on or before December 31, 2018. Upper limit for candidates seeking admission to MBBS/BDS courses is 25 years with an additional relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
- Academic Qualification: Candidate must have either finished or be appearing in class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology from CBSE/any state board or any equivalent examination from a recognised university.
- Marks Obtained: General category candidates must secure 50% taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology, while SC/ST/OBC students should secure 40%. The person with locomotor disability of lower limbs from general and reserved category must secure 45% and 40% respectively.
- Number of attempts: There is no cap for number of attempts
- NIOS/Open school: As per Delhi High Court, candidates passed from NIOS/Open Schools can also participate for NEET 2018.
- Biology as additional subject: Aspirants who had Biology as an additional subject in class 11 and 12 can fill and submit NEET application form 2018.
NEET 2018 Syllabus
NEET syllabus 2018 is based on the topics of class 11 and 12. The questions in NEET 2018 syllabus will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The exam includes 180 questions and with each section containing 45 questions. NEET syllabus is recommended by the Medical Council of India (MCI) after reviewing the syllabus of various state boards, CBSE, Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) and National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT).