Keeping too many choice always not good when it related to career. If you are not getting any idea which career you should choose then put enough thought into it.There is more chances you will be able to make a good decision.
Instead of following parents footstep or choosing randomly there are much better ways to choose a career.
Here is some ideas which will help you to choose career.
1. Know about yourself, your strength and your passion – Before choose any career think about yourself, your interests, values etc. There may be some chances where your passion may be out of reach. If you are good at any skill like fixing or making things this can be a better career for you. Schooling is not needed for skilled labor and its easy to find work. for example auto repair, construction work good for those who are good at these things.If you are good at helping, communicating or interacting people easily then you can make a career as social worker or marketing executive.
2. Consider your financial situation and Education you have. – Your ability to pursue a good career can be stop by your financial position. Some careers need good schooling which can be expensive and out of your pocket.
3. Available Opportunities – After you have done self analysis next step is to collect information about available Opportunities. Then start narrow down list based on your research and remove the careers from list you don’t want to go with. At the end you will have a very short list.Eliminate careers that have weak job outlooks. Get rid of any occupation if you are unable to or unwilling to fulfill the educational or other requirements, or if you lack some of the soft skills necessary to succeed in it.
4. Ask others – Sometime its difficult to make decision about career then get help from parents, teachers, friends etc. Their ideas might surprise you!
5. Consider easy access career – You can consider the career which is easily for you to move. Example is working in same company where your parents or friend already working, Working in family business etc. If your options are limited, choosing a career in which you can quickly enter may be your best option.
6. Future Financial Security – Future financial security is very important point during career choice. In other words you should choose the career to make enough money to support yourself and your family?